Are you fed up of paying a fortune for monthly audiobook subscriptions? I was and decided to dig online to find the best free audiobook app.
Audiobooks are becoming more popular, with nearly everyone owning a smartphone it’s a no brainer that these addictive books are in demand. Like many who listen to audiobooks regularly I previously had an Audible subscription. If you haven’t had a subscription before I suggest you check it out.
Why become an Audible member?
If you are new to Audible you will benefit from a free months membership, After you download your first free book you can cancel your subscription so you don’t have to pay a penny. If you do not do this straight away its easy to forget and be billed for the £7.99 monthly fee.
There are a number of reasons to become an Audible member.
- You own your audiobooks – Your books are yours to keep, even if you cancel.
- Swap an audiobook for any reason – Exchange any book, any time.
- Audible Original Podcasts – Unlimited listening to documentaries, comedies and more.
- Listen online or offline – Enjoy when you’re online, underground or mid-flight.
Audible is great but like many people, I have been caught out with the rolling monthly subscription and finally decided that there must be something out there that is free…
Want a totally free audiobook app?
After a lot of research, I found it! Borrow Box – http://www.borrowbox.com/ Borrow box is essentially your local library online. You will need to go into your local library and sign up for a library card. Once you have this you download borrow box and sign in using your library card number and hey presto! You have access to free audiobooks and e-books!
What is BorrowBox’s Vision?
Our vision has always been to create a digital experience for libraries and library members that rivals consumer brands. To create a user experience that is world-class – designed to be simple and made to inspire.
With BorrowBox, your library in one app, our vision is now a reality. Borrow eBooks and Audiobooks free from your library using our BorrowBox app.
Say hello to your future library, wherever you are, whenever you are free.
How can I get borrow box?
Follow these steps and start saving hundreds of pounds by downloading free audiobooks and supporting your local library:
- Find your local library and become a member – Enter your postcode here and find your local library – https://www.gov.uk/join-library
- Download the BorrowBox App – https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/borrowbox-library/id562843562
- Sign in and start listening to the best free audiobook app
Have you tried borrow box? I would love to hear your opinion! If you have what is your favourite audiobook? Are you looking for ways to earn a little side cash? Check out our beginners guide to matched betting.